Tuesday, November 11, 2008

THANKSGIVING TRADITIONS



I realized today that Thanksgiving is only two weeks away. After I ran around the house screaming "I'm not ready! I'm not ready! How can this be?" (not really, but I wanted to), I started to organize my thoughts and put together a list. I host Thanksgiving for our family each year. I love to do it, despite the fact that this is the busiest time of year for Pumpkin Petunia. But it does make things interesting around here the week before between juggling holiday card orders, grocery shopping and preparing the house for guests.

Despite this hectic time of year, there are a couple of traditions that we have created with our children that I will always make time for; it just wouldn't be Thanksgiving without them. And because I am uber-organized this year (read: I am actually aware of the fact that Thanksgiving is almost upon us), I am thrilled to be able to share our family's traditions with you. Over the next week, I will be posting about the things that we do to make this holiday special for us and I would love to hear about the traditions that are part of your family's celebrations. If you have a blog, kindly link to your posts about Thanksgiving in the comments section of my posts or simply share your story right here in the comments. I would love to hear from you!

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I'm anxious to hear about some of your traditions.

A few hours after the meal has been eaten and we are able to breath again, we all gather around the piano and ring in the Christmas season by singing Christmas carols. I rarely get to participate in this favorite tradition because I seem to always live so far from home, but, I'll never forget my first Thanksgiving away when my family called me just as they sat down to sing. I cried because I couldn't be there but also because I *was* there.